Right now, Timeline is for developers only and will go live for public on Thursday, September 29, 2011. But if you want this feature right now even if you are not a developer, continue reading.
Please note that you need to have verified Facebook account (Credit card or phone number attached with your Facebook account) to enable this feature.
Below are the steps you should follow to enable Timeline on your Facebook account right now:
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Enable developer mode by typing type developer into the Facebook search box, click the first result and add the app.
3. Go to the developer app by clicking here (If Facebook doesn’t redirect you automatically after adding the app)
4. Click on Create New App at the top right of the page and give your app any display name and Namespace. eg:
App Display Name: Samad
App Namespace: theinfow
5.Click continue to proceed.
6. Click on ‘Open Graph‘ at the left side panel and create an action for your app like People can read a book or People can watch a movie. Once you’ve decided, click Get Started to proceed
7. On the next screen, click Save Changes and Next. On the next page, again click Save Changes and Next. Finally hit ‘Save and Finish’ found at the bottom of the screen.
8. Now wait for 4-5 minutes and then simply navigate to www.facebook.com. An invitation for Timeline will be waiting for you at the top of the screen. Click Get it Now to enable timeline on your account and see what photos, posts and life events and every single thing you have done in the past on Facebook. Enjoy
Leave a Reply