Apple released iOS 4.3.5 iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, 4G, iPad 2, iPad 1 yesterday to fix the security vulnerability with certificate validation. And those who have upgraded their devices to iOS 4.3.5 are not out of luck as current version of RedSn0w can tethered jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3G, 4G and iPad 1. iPad 2 users are out of luck for now. This was confirmed by iPhone Dev Team member MuschleNerd who tweeted this on his Twitter account:
For those who don’t know, tethered jailbreak means every time you boot your phone, you have to do the jailbreak again with your device to get it to boot. So it actually means that your device can’t boot without being connected (or tethered) to your computer once you shutdown or restart your device.
Note for iPad 2 Users: iPad 2 can’t be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.4 or 4.3.5. if you have updated your iPad 2 to 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 and you did save SHSH blobs for previous verions, then you can downgrade your device by following the guide posted here.
Follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 [Tethered]
Things you need to download:
Download iOS 4.3.5 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch and iPad
Download iOS 4.3.4 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch
Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 [Windows Users]
Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 [Mac Users]
1. Download iOS 4.3.5 and iOS 4.3.4 (required by this version of Redsn0w) firmware file for your device from the links given above.
2. Download Redsn0w 0.9.8b4 for Windows or Mac. Also make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes, which is version 10.4.
3. Now start Redsn0w, browse for the iOS 4.3.4 firmware file (NOT the 4.3.5) that you downloaded and point it towards Redsn0w.
4. Once Redsn0w is done recognizing the firmware file, click Next and there you’ll be taken to a new window. Simply check the “Install Cydia” box. You can also check other options if you wish to. Once done, click Next to proceed.
5. Redsn0w will instruct you to power down your device and plug it in to your computer. Follow the onscreen instructions and then click Next to continue.
6. Now you will have to put your device in DFU mode with a combination of the Power button and the Home button for a certain amount of time, simply follow the onscreen instructions on how to do so.
7. RedSn0w will now jailbreak your device on iOs 4.3.5. The whole process will be automated. Sit back and relax. Don’t power off your computer or unplug your iDevice. Once Redsn0w finishes its task, your device will restart and you will have jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch on iOs 4.3.5.
Leave a Reply