Arsenal and Manchester United will face each other on Sunday, March 12, 2011 in the Fa Cup Quarter-Finals. Both teams have suffered great frustrating defeats earlier. Man United lost 3-1 to Liverpool and Arsenal knocked out from the UEFA Champions League after being defeated by 3-1 to Barcelona.
Did you know?
- In the last nine times Arsenal and Manchester United have met in the FA Cup, neither club has been able to hold bragging rights for more than one victory before losing the next confrontation.
- Both clubs have faced off 11 times in the FA Cup, with the London side winning five times, and the Red Devils with six victories.
- Arsene Wenger’s men have failed to score even once in their last three FA Cup clashes against Manchester United.
- The Gunners have only scored a paltry 15 times in their last 30 fixtures at Old Trafford, and have only scored more than once on one occasion; during their 2-0 win in the 2003 FA Cup.
- Manchester United have a secret weapon against Arsenal – their South Korean powerhouse Park Ji-Sung, who has scored in his last three appearances against the Gunners.
- Wayne Rooney will always remember Arsenal fondly – for his first and 100th Barclays Premier League goals were both against the London side.
- To make things worse for Arsenal, Rooney was also the scorer of goals that ended the Gunner’s two longest unbeaten runs in the Premier League.
- Ominously, Sir Alex Ferguson’s men have only conceded a miserly eight goals in their last 15 FA Cup fixtures at Old Trafford, and not more than one in any given during that time.